We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team. The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager with the daily management, coordination and successful completion of construction projects. He or she will function as a project team member, have an understanding of the scope of the project, be familiar with project participants, coordinating with both internal and external project teams. The Assistant Project Manager is capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Function as an adjunct to the Project Manager and completing tasks as assigned
- Assist the Project Manager team with procuring, negotiating and approving contracts
- Assist with the development and review of internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast and project status reports
- Assist with the invoicing review processes
- Assist with change management process and claims mitigation
- Develop and establish documentation and filing systems
- Assist and participate in internal and external project meetings as needed, including responsibility for drafting and issuing agendas and meeting minutes
- Maintain project tracking logs and monitor overall project correspondence
- Assist with project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout
General Background & Minimum Requirements
- Preferred 4-year degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management,
- Three to five years of experience in a design or construction-related field
- Demonstrate a general knowledge in these areas: design management, estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, financial reporting,
- Ability to work in team environment
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Proficient in PC based scheduling and spreadsheet applications, including MS Project and Excel.
- OSHA 10 hour certification
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. All employment decisions are made based upon qualifications, merit, and the company’s business needs, and the company prohibits discrimination or harassment based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local laws.
- Standard Office Environment
- Applicant must be able to visit job sites, including climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc., to view the progress of construction.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.