The Project Controls Analyst will work closely with the project management team on multiple projects to coordinate overall cost and schedule information, as well as provide reporting and document management.
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up controls systems in QuickBooks to record and maintain all budget, contracting, commitment and expenditure activity for individual capital construction projects. This will include tracking actuals against original projections and budget information.
- Track contingency usage, including actual and pending exposures.
- Develop and maintain cash flow projections.
- Prepare budget analyses and respond to financial/budget questions and concerns as required.
- Prepare analysis of financial metrics and performance measures.
- Prepare and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, budgets and forecasts, and variances to plan.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to resolve process issues as it relates to provider and workforce costs.
- Assist in the establishment and monitoring of sound accounting practices, internal controls, and procedure documentation.
- Analyze current and projected situations to pro-actively focus the project team’s attention on known or potential areas of concern.
- Issue accurate cost reports to the Project Team, Management, and the Client in a timely manner.
- Support Clients with City funding paperwork and/or financing documentation as needed.
Desired Skills & Expertise
Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in project accounting, public funding processing and bank requisitions. Knowledge of the professional services industry, particularly Architecture/Engineering/Construction, is strongly favorable. Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, charts and graphs, IF, AND, VLOOKUP, etc.), as well as proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Word and Outlook is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Project is a plus.
The successful candidate will be extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the capacity to work both independently and in teams. He/she should be able to handle a fast-paced work environment and communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner. He/she must also be able to show flexibility in handling multiple deadlines with changing priorities.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. ZOR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary history firstname.lastname@example.org.