The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager and will work closely with the client, vendors and senior administration. He or she will be working as a project manager on facility planning and capital improvements, including participation in the conceptual development of projects and coordinating the planning, designing, scheduling and implementation of large scale, complicated projects.
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor project development, including overall project budgets and schedules
- Monitor general contractor and other vendors and consultants from content development through design and construction
- Coordinate and act as liaison for project scope development between outside consultants and internal staff and other end users
- Develop and maintain database of qualified consultants and contractors
- Prepare requests for proposals or bid packages and manage bidding process for consultants and contractors
- Level bids and prepare bid analysis
- Participate in the awarding of bids and preparing of contracts and contract documents
- Schedule and conduct job meetings as required
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the completed project to the owner
- Provide project-specific information to consultants as needed
- Work with accounting department to track internal controls related to capital projects including bidding, internal approvals, and documentation practices
- Monitor contractor compliance with governmental requirements for insurance, licensing, permits, record keeping and site safety
- Inspect projects in construction at appropriate intervals; assess work progress
- Provide regular internal reports and updates to Senior Staff
- Review all applications for payment and job related invoices
- Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping
Desired Skills & Expertise
Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience. A bachelor’s degree or background in architecture, engineering, construction/construction management, real estate development, facilities management, property management, construction field experience and project management is strongly favorable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and Project, is required.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong management, leadership and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. He/she should also be highly organized with the ability to plan and think strategically, and play close attention to detail for multiple projects. A keen personal interest in ZOR’s business and projects is highly valued.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. ZOR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.