The Senior Project Manager will report to the Vice President/Principal and be responsible for leading facility planning initiatives and capital building projects. The position will require significant interface with the client, architecture/construction teams, and key project stakeholders, including members from an organization’s Board of Trustees. Typical projects range in value between $5 and $100 million, and will involve the management of the conceptual development and project scoping, as well as oversight of the various design and construction phases.
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead project teams and meetings, serving as the principal contact with clients
- Effectively communicate project vision and manage the development of the project’s overall implementation strategy
- Develop and subsequently manage project budgets and schedules for on time and on budget delivery
- Prepare requests for proposals or bid packages, as well as manage bid leveling process and analysis.
- Hold lead responsibility for the contract management process, including negotiating and monitoring terms of all project agreements.
- Work with accounting department to track internal controls related to capital projects including bidding, internal approvals, and documentation practices
- Review and issue recommendations for applications for payment and job-related invoices
- Oversee contractor compliance with governmental requirements for insurance, licensing, permits, record keeping and site safety
- Act as liaison for project scope development between outside consultants and internal staff and other end users
- Inspect projects in construction at appropriate intervals; assess work progress
- Identify and define technical design and construction issues and make recommendations for resolution
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the completed project to the owner
- Participate in industry organization and support firm’s business development efforts
Desired Skills & Expertise
Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 10-15 years of experience. A bachelor’s degree or background in architecture, engineering, construction/construction management, real estate development, facilities management, property management, construction field experience and project management is strongly favorable. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and Project, is required.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong management, leadership and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. He/she should also be highly organized with the ability to plan and think strategically, and play close attention to detail for multiple projects. A keen personal interest in ZOR’s business and projects is highly valued.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. ZOR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.