Zubatkin Owner Representation is a project management/owner representation firm that specializes in the management of building projects for not-for-profit organizations, including museum, educational, performing arts, and religious clients. Across our 28-year history, we have delivered projects for many prestigious institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Jackie Robinson Foundation, and 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
As owner’s representatives, we are responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project’s development, including the strategic planning, programing, design, approvals, construction and operational turnover. Our team includes over 50 experienced and dedicated staff members, as well as an In-house Technical Group comprised of architects, engineers, and construction specialists.
Zubatkin Owner Representation has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager to join its growing team. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Director of Business Development & Communications. A Marketing Assistant is also part of the BD Department team and serves as a resource for advancing graphics, research, and other proposal / marketing materials.
The Marketing & Business Development team is responsible for promoting Zubatkin to existing and prospective clients, as well as industry peers and strategic partners. In partnership with the firm’s organizational leadership, the department sets the strategy and implements initiatives to cultivate new business, maintain internal and external communications, advance public relations efforts, and uphold Zubatkin’s overall brand.
The Marketing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Proposal and Interview Preparation
- Prepare proposals and associated marketing collateral to solicit new business for the firm. This includes the writing, editing, and verification of information for proposals.
- Develop interview materials, including meeting agendas, PowerPoints, and leave-behind brochures.
- Ensure consistency of deliverables with the firm’s graphic standards and brand.
- The above will require interfacing with members from our senior management team, as well as individual project managers.
Tracking & Reporting
- Track pursuit information in Cosential, the firm’s Client Relationship Management (CRM) database, and prepare bi-weekly reports. Assist in the maintenance of key business contacts for the company mailing list in coordination with the Marketing Assistant.
Administration and Research
- Maintain and update marketing files, including resumes, project pages, and other templates. This includes writing and/or editing descriptions for new projects and coordinating graphic updates with the Marketing Assistant.
- Support special projects and assignments as needed. Examples may include contributions to the firm’s monthly internal newsletter, coordinating all staff meeting presentations, and preparing client mailings/giveaways.
Support ZOR’s Vision
- Assist Principals and VP’s in communicating overall marketing and BD objectives and vision to Zubatkin’s staff on a day-to-day basis, supporting them in developing outreach skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 to 8 years of professional experience. A background in writing, marketing, communications, journalism, PR or advertising is preferred. Previous experience in the A/E/C industry is a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, and organizational skills. This involves an ability to take technical concepts and translate them into concise and clearly written text. An attention to detail and the accuracy of information is of the utmost importance.
- Positive attitude with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities and be resourceful. Good time management skills to meet client deadlines and manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with staff of all levels of the company.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign software.
- A keen personal interest in Zubatkin’s business and projects (non-profit/cultural institutions) is valued.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. All employment decisions are made based upon qualifications, merit, and the company’s business needs, and the company prohibits discrimination or harassment based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.