The Project Manager is responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives. He or she will function as a project leader, coordinating the responsibilities of both internal and external project team members. The Project Manager must be capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects.
General responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor project development, including overall project budgets and schedules
- Monitor general contractor and other vendors and consultants from content development through design and construction
- Coordinate and act as liaison for project scope development between outside consultants and internal staff and other end users
- Develop and maintain database of qualified consultants and contractors
- Prepare requests for proposals or bid packages and manage bidding process for consultants and contractors
- Level bids and prepare bid analysis
- Participate in the awarding of bids and preparing of contracts and contract documents
- Schedule and conduct job meetings as required
- Provide project-specific information to consultants as needed
- Work with accounting department to track internal controls related to capital projects including bidding, internal approvals, and documentation practices
- Monitor contractor compliance with governmental requirements for insurance, licensing, permits, record keeping and site safety
- Inspect projects in construction at appropriate intervals; assess work progress
- Provide regular internal reports and updates to Senior Staff
- Review all applications for payment and job related invoices
- Assist in the management of vendor contracts, invoice payments and record keeping
- Oversee and manage the transfer of the completed project to the Owner
- Manage closeout process
- Develop and maintain beneficial business relationships with Owners, Architect/Engineers and subcontractors for business development and marketing
Desired Skills & Expertise
Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience in a design or construction-related field. A bachelor’s degree or background in architecture, engineering, construction/construction management, real estate development, facilities management, property management, construction field experience and project management is strongly favorable. Proficiency in PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications, including MS Project and Excel, is required.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong management, leadership and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. He/she should also be highly organized with the ability to plan and think strategically, and play close attention to detail for multiple projects. A keen personal interest in Zubatkin’s business and projects is highly valued.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. ZOR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.