A graduate research institute in New York City, the Bard Graduate Center’s programs and facilities focus on exploring new ways of thinking about the decorative arts, design history and material culture.
To accommodate its growth and programmatic needs, Bard embarked on several major capital projects:
- Complete renovation of administrative facilities and gallery spaces at its principal building at 18 West 86th Street
- Renovation of newly acquired brownstones providing academic facilities, including a new library, classrooms and lecture hall
- Building acquisition and renovation to provide housing for students, faculty and visiting scholars
Role + Responsibilities
Zubatkin holds a longstanding relationship with the Bard Graduate Center and has provided a comprehensive set of owner’s representation services. Areas of assistance have ranged from support of real estate acquisitions, negotiations with existing tenants and obtaining municipal approvals to the development of an overall strategic plan to accommodate future facility needs. For the various capital projects, the Zubatkin team provided leadership and expertise on the project phasing and logistics strategy, setting up an intensive, multi-phase schedule for construction and coordinating neighbor relations. Zubatkin was also responsible for managing the budget, schedule and overall implementation strategy. The firm’s In-House Technical Group assisted in the review of drawings, resolving technical issues and change management.
- Client Bard Graduate Center
- Location New York, NY
Varies by Individual Project
- Ennead Architects (Formerly Polshek Partnership)
- Pavarini McGovern
- Yorke Construction
- Westerman Construction
- Hudson Meridian